5 Things To Do Before College

5 Things To Do Before College

You HAVE to do these things before leaving your hometown this fall.

7
5 Things To Do Before College
Coronado Times

Whether your college is two miles or 2,000 miles away from your hometown, chances are you’re going to miss your locale and your squad. After high school memories of Friday night football, bike rides through town, and spontaneous trips to get ice cream, saying goodbye is always a struggle. So, in the midsts of trips to Bed Bath and Beyond and packing your suitcase, these are some don’t forget to:

1. Eat!

How long will it be until you have another In N Out Burger cheeseburger again? Whether you're craving a warm cookie from a local eatery or an acai bowl from a local cafe — just go eat it! Enjoy all of your childhood favorites but make sure to save room in your stomach for mom’s home cooked meals. Make sure to put a few extra hours into working out

2. Be a tourist in your own town

Go visit that national park that your family would always picnic at or finally go see that new museum! Tourists come to these places for a reason so enjoy everything these places have to offer. Your hometown is amazing and visiting the biggest tourist attractions can help you remember its greatness.

3. Go off the beaten path

My high school english teacher always said, “how can you explore a new city when you’ve never been to parts of your own town?” Although it's nearly impossible and can be unsafe to venture through all of your hometown if you come from a big city, visit somewhere you’ve never been before off the main road. Just pick a random place, go admire the houses or the scenery and have fun!

4. Hang out

In a short amount of time, the relationship you have with your friends will be put to the test as you settle into college campuses across the country. So why not hang out with your friends today? As tempting as it may be to grab a tub of ice cream and watch Netflix, just go out and make some memories that’ll leave you saying “I can’t wait to catch up over winter break!”

5. Go home

As much as you’ll miss your friends, your parents will obviously miss you a lot more. Simple stuff like watching a favorite movie together or helping your mom cook dinner means a lot to them. Spending quality time together now will help you get through tough times in study hall when you’re homesick.

August is here and within the next few weeks, everyone you've grown up with will be dispersed around the country. So kick back and enjoy your last weeks of summer with the people you're going to miss the most in the places you love. Soon this place you live in will be the place you’re from, so live it up and get excited to begin the next stage of your life!