4 Practical, Safe Ways To Spread Holiday Cheer This Year

Spread joy, not germs.

11
Photo by Ben White on Unsplash

Most people and their holiday plans have been afflicted by COVID-19. Here are some ways to have a happy holiday season, pandemic style.

1. Blast those Christmas jams!

I love constantly playing Christmas music on maximum volume all through my house during the Christmas season. All of my neighbors know the reason for the season from the volume of my Christmas music, and yours can too! Use that speaker or another amplifying device of your choosing to get into the spirit of the season.

2. Watch Christmas classics on repeat!

If you don't have Christmas classics on repeat, are you really getting in the mood? To me, if they aren't fifty years old Christmas movies, I don't want them! I play the classic 70s Christmas movies with the clay figures and seemingly corny dialect in my house from Thanksgiving to Christmas everyday. This has been one of my favorite Christmas traditions since I was too little to remember!

3. Make Christmas cookies!

Go get that stick of Pillsbury dough and make some quality Christmas cookies. You can even get the ones shaped like Christmas trees or Santa Claus, so don't miss out on the Christmas cookie season! Be sure to turn up the music in the background and watch your Christmas classics alongside your yummy cookies!

4. Don't forget the true meaning of the holiday season.

No matter what you celebrate, don't forget that there is love, unity, and a celebration for us all. A pandemic cannot change this, so do not let it change you!