5 Things You Can Do For Your Professional Development During Quarantine

Learn how to code and more during quarantine!

19

If you're unable to work from home, like me, and the semester's end is right around the corner here are a few ideas I thought I'd share with you to help build your skill set while at home!

Learn to code.

media.giphy.com

There are countless opportunities to learn some basic coding languages! Codeacademy, W3schools, and even Linkedin Learning are just some ways to get you started!

Brush up your digital brand!

media.giphy.com

Have you ever googled yourself? Your digital identity can make or break your job prospects! Make sure all your social media profiles are appropriate or hidden, create a Linkedin if you don't have one, and take control of what people can find out about you via a quick Google search (looking at you, tinder match)!

Linkedin Learning

media.giphy.com

Linkedin Learning is a platform that has a large variety of courses that will help you with everything from learning how to draw to coding. A lot of universities offer it for free so reach out to your Career Center.

Learn a new language.

media.giphy.com

Websites like Duolingo and Babbel are available to get you started. Also check out TED's 7 Secrets on How To Learn A New Language.

Write for the Odyssey!

media.giphy.com

Joining the Odyssey community is a great way to brush up on some reading skills, make your voice heard, and more importantly, you can put it on your resume! Search for your college's community (or start one) here!