5 Things I Want To See In The New Power Rangers Film

A lifelong fan lists some things he would like to see in the new movie.

14
Twitter

I have been a huge Power Rangers fan since the very beginning. For some, that means that they just watched the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers as a kid and that’s it. For many that means they have watched a lot of the other series that took place after it to the present. For a few like me, not only have I watched every series up to date but that love has extended to watching Super Sentai which is the Japanese series that each season of Power Rangers is based off. So when I say I’m a fan, I'm a FAN. When the first real talks of a new Power Rangers movie was announced I got really excited, and over time that excitement grew. Not only are we getting a reboot of the original series but it also stars Bryan Cranston and Elizabeth Banks as Zordon and Rita Repulsa respectively. While having high profile actors doesn't always mean the movie will be good, for me, it's a sign that this series will be really good.

Power Rangers has been around for 23 years this year and of course, the original series hasn't aged well. Being the first there were a lot of inconsistencies and other things that either didn't make sense because history for the show was being written as it went or looking back on it now some things are just pure outdated. With that, there here are five things I would like to see happen in the Power Rangers movie.

Full History Between Zordon and Rita.

In the original series, we only hear of how Zordon defeated Rita, trapping her and her minions in a space dumpster and she, as one final act of evil trapping him in a time warp. I hope with Cranston and Banks as these characters we will get to see this brief history actually played out.

Updated Look To Rita’s Minions.

So far from what has been shown and leaked the only bad guys for the movie we know of are of course Rita and possibly her Putty Patrol. I say possibly because there were set pictures of Dacre Montgomery as Jason being attacked by guys in green screen suits. We haven't seen or heard if Finster and Goldar or anyone else will even appear. These two were essential to the series as Finster is the one who created the monsters for Rita using his magical putty and Goldar was her loyal warrior. I would love to see what a current version of both of these monsters would look like, and the rest of her lackeys.

More Than One Morphed Fight.

My big fear for this movie is that it will be rushed and only have one scene with everyone morphed and fighting and it will be at the end. While I know not every movie can always be 2 hours plus, at this point it would be great if there was some good time pacing. For instance, instead of the movie taking place over a day maybe at the very least a week or 2 giving the Rangers more than one time to morph and fight.

An Expanded Universe.

Only because of the show's long run over time do we have the extended universe that we know of today? I would love for this movie to start off with an expanded universe. This could be done many ways: Mention of older Ranger powers before the current ones being used, Lord Zedd, Dulcia , Gosei or many other characters being mentions or implies as being around. Now that there is a written history, this new movie series has plenty to go off of.

The Rangers To Act Like Normal Teenagers.

One thing I found super annoying as a kid and even today is how “goodie two shoes” the Rangers always are. I get it, they are the heroes and should also be the ultimate good, but they still never acted like real teens. I would love it if they were slightly more real in their portrayal of kids their age. Kids act out, get pissed at things, get into fights or arguments, get stressed, etc. I’m not saying I want them to be jerks, but just a bit more real is all. No one is perfect.