5 Things I Want My Best Friend From Home To Know

Friends come and go, but you have shown me through distance and age you are here to stay.
84

To my dearest best friend,

It is an overwhelming feeling knowing that we are apart, yet have never been closer. With our big moves to college, it is easy to wonder what will happen to friendships.

Will we stay close, or drift due to distance and the changes we will make?

I am writing this as a thank-you to you.

Thank you for letting me become my own person, but also for frequently checking up on me when times get tough and for growing with me from afar.

You are constantly in my daily thoughts

I might not message you every day or call you every week, but daily you are in my thoughts. I am constantly thinking of you. Whether I am positively reminded of you or hope you are doing well, you have left such an impact in my life where my thoughts want to be with yours.

I support you

While we are continuing on this path of learning new routines and finding out the paths that are leading us to our future...I support you! I support your journey, good and bad. I am so proud of you for focusing your time and truly digging deep to learn more about your passions. I am so lucky to be best friends with someone who loves to learn and is so happy with where they are at. I support your trials and tribulations. Not everything is black and white, and not everything is easy. Greatness comes with time.

I miss you

I miss having you in reach every day. I miss knowing I could drive to your house in just short of a couple of minutes to tell you the new "biggest" news. I miss the comfort of our friendship. While I have amazing friends at school, you know me possibly better than myself. I miss the common friends and hanging out, having weekly slumber parties, and wine nights.

I think space has made us stronger

While I miss you like crazy, I think space has made us stronger. I have loved where college has taken me, and I know you feel the same. I love that we have built our own lives and know that at the end of the day or year, we will always be there. You are an incredible friend and I am so thankful that during this space and distance, you have stuck it out with me.

I cannot wait to see you

The greatest thing about being apart? It is so exciting figuring out when I can see you next.

Love you, best friend!