5 Things To Remember When You're Feeling Down

It's so easy to focus on the negative when you're sad. Here's some positive!

20

Everyone has their bad days, or week, or month, or year. Life doesn't stop for anybody, it just keeps going on. So here's a list of things to remember to keep you going.

1. It's okay to cry. We all cry. Crying feels good and is in fact, good for you. Crying releases stress hormones from the body and as a result, releases tension. Not only does it mentally cleanse you, but it cleanses your body too! Stress-produced tears help the body get rid of toxins. So go ahead, cry your heart out!

2.No one's life is as perfect as it looks. When you're seeing somebody's life through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. you aren't seeing all of it. You're only seeing the best parts. You aren't seeing their struggles, their hurt, their bad days. So stop comparing your life to other's lives, because chances are you aren't alone.

3.Being alive is pretty awesome. I mean besides what you're feeling right now, living is pretty much the best thing on this planet, there's not much that tops it. Feel your heartbeat, run your fingers down your veins on your arms, curl your toes. Woohoo! You've made it this far!

4. Animals exist. Seriously. What could make you happier?!

5. You will be okay. Whatever it is, you will get through it. You always do.