5 Life-Saving Tips For When You Visit Vegas

5 Life Saving Tips For When You Visit Vegas

Las Vegas is not for the faint of heart, but these 5 key tips will make sure your trip is a success.

216

Gambling, money, alcohol, partying and debauchery. These are all things that come to mind when people think about Las Vegas. The city is a roller coaster and if you plan to survive there, you better be prepared and buckle in tight. While nothing can truly prepare you for the experience that it is, as long as you remember these five tips you will be off to a good start.

1. Do your research beforehand and find deals!

The first way to ensure that you have an amazing time in Vegas is to do your research ahead of time. It will pay off, trust me. There are many sites online that will put you on guest lists for clubs for free. Guests lists are crucial in Vegas due to the long lines. There are also lots of deals to take advantage of if you look early enough.

2.  If you are going to gamble, gamble smart!

One of the best pieces of advice about gambling on vacation there is going in with an extremely careful budget. Decide how much you are willing to spend and whether you win or lose don't spend more then you started with. Once you finish that budget be comfortable with walking away. Do not get caught in the trap of trying to win.

3. Be smart, in this case beauty is not worth the pain!

Your dad will say this, your mom will say this and you probably won't listen. So I will say it. Try your best not to wear heels in Vegas. Your feet will thank you. The strip is about four miles long and if you wear heels, I swear you will feel every step up of it. I would suggest buying some pretty boots or sneakers to walk around and if you insist on wearing heels to the clubs plan on ubering everywhere.

4.  Make your fun last, don't buy alcohol at bars!

The first and only drink I have ever bought in Las Vegas was an AMF and it cost me 30 dollars. There weren't any high priced liquors in it, but because they know people are wanting to drink clubs often gouge their patrons of money. The handiest thing to do is, thanks to the much looser alcohol laws there compared to Oregon, is go to a Walgreens or Safeway and buy a handle there. Pregame before you go out. If you insist on buying drinks while out, the best price efficient option can be found on almost every street corner. Yarders. Almost three-foot tall slushies that you can add as many shots as you want, usually for a dollar or two each.

5.  Have fun, be open to adventure and explore!

While planning is all good and well when putting together a vacation there is something to be said for leaving time to wing it. Some of the best adventures are ones that had no forethought. Whether that means aimlessly walking around the strip or spontaneously getting an uber to old Freemont street, the original Vegas strip, let loose. There is so much to see while in Las Vegas and the best of it will find you on its own.