5 Things To Remember During The End Of The Semester

Don't be so hard on yourself.

5
Hostgarcia

As the semester draws to an end, and finals are upon all of us, it is important to remember what truly matters. Yes it is easy to get lazy because you feel as if you have nothing left to give and that you are too burnt out to care anymore, but it is important to remember why you came to college.

1. Your friends will understand.

It's not always easy having to turn down a night out on the town or just a simple movie night with the gals, but if you’re feeling like you don’t have time to go out, don’t do it. Your friends will understand where you are coming from if they truly respect your college career. Like my good friend Sarah Hasselberger once said “C’s get degrees, but they don’t get you into top notch law schools.”

1. You shouldn’t spend every waking moment stressing.

Going to the library is important, spending time studying is important, and knowing your stuff is important, but staying up all hours and feeling the weight of the world on your shoulders is not. Give yourself a chance to chill out and breath. There are 24 hours in a day and not every single second needs to be spent buried in a note book.

1. This is the end of the semester, so it is the end for a lot of things.

Sometimes your stress doesn’t make sense. Sometimes you are directing your energy in the wrong places and need to evaluate the real reason why you’re feeling the way you’re feeling. You might not necessarily have a bunch of different things going on, but leaving a place you just spent the last 4 months going crazy for is rough, and leaving the people you would die for is even harder.

1. Make time to reflect.

It can be rough going a straight 4 months of school work. Sometimes it’s good to try and just push through all the hard times, but every now and then looking back at where you were and where you are today can be a very beneficial.

1. Treat yourself.

You’ve worked hard all semester, or maybe you didn’t and now you’re working realllllly hard. Either case, you are working, and that’s all you can ask of yourself. Skip going to dinning hall a few nights and order yourself a pizza for dinner.