5 Things That Will Get You In The Holiday Spirit

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

7
Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

I don't know about you, but every year after finals season, I find it kind of hard to get into the Holiday spirit. I don't decorate my apartment in college for Christmas (the Holiday I celebrate) because I come home so soon. Here are 5 things you can do to get yourself more hyped up and feeling this holiday feeling!

1. Get ready to holiday music.

I feel like I have so much more fun when I listen to music as I get ready in the morning and at night, and holiday music is perfect this time of year. There are plenty of fun Holiday songs such as Ariana Grande's "Christmas and chill album" as well as anything by Mariah Carey. Get to dancing and rocking around that Christmas tree!

2. Volunteer.

One of the most prominent things during the Holidays is the urge to give back, for good reason. This is the time of year where families gather, eat food, and be merry. Not everyone has the resources to be able to do this, so donate a little money, volunteer at a food bank or anything you feel would help make a difference in the community. Heads up: This time of year a lot of animals get given back to the shelters, so go give them a little cuddle.

3. Bake cookies.

Build a gingerbread house or get those really good Santa cookies, you know the ones. Getting in the kitchen is a great way to bring holiday cheer to you and your friends!

4. Tell loved ones you love them.

It's the perfect time to think of those you love and really let them know you are thinking of them and love them. It will mean a lot to those you can't see this Holiday season and don't see that often in general. It also just feels really good to feel loved and give love.

5. Open the windows.

Only if it's chilly people. I live in a hot climate so when the one day a year it actually gets chilly enough to open the windows happens, it means everything. It reminds me of the holidays and how lovely the weather is and just to appreciate my surroundings.