5 Things To Do At The Bristol Field House

There is much more to the Bristol Field House than treadmills and ellipticals.

14
Google Images

Welcome to a semester at HWS! It's been four weeks since we've kissed summer goodbye and started classes. With the workload from classes starting to pick up, it's important to remember to take a break and explore the other amazing events and places that our campus has to offer. One of these awesome places is Bristol Field House, our campus gym. The field house has a lot to offer and is definitely a place for HWS students to take advantage of. Here are a couple of things to do at Bristol Field House:

1. Take a Workout Class

Did you know that the gym offers fitness classes? Throughout the week, the gym offers seven different types of fitness classes. These classes include spinning, pilates, yoga, zumba, beach body, power pump, and no sweat. If any of these classes interest you or your friends, take a minute to look at the fall schedule.

2. Join an Intramural Team

Want to join a club team, but can't make a huge time commitment or just want to play for fun? Walk down to the gym and ask about the various team and individual intramural sports being offered. Intramural sports is a great way to not only get involved on campus, but to meet new people.

3. Rent Sports Equipment and Play

Bring your school ID down to the field house and you can start playing. Whether you want to shoot some hoops or play a game of squash, racquetball, or tennis, the gym has all the equipment you'll need. This is great for any student who wants to get a great and fun workout in without feeling like they're actually working out.

4. Check Out the ORAP Room

ORAP stands for Outdoor Recreation Adventure Program. They not only offer various weekend activities, but during the week Hobart and William Smith students have the opportunity to rock climb in the ORAP room. If ORAP sounds like a program you'd like to get involved with or being interested in trying, ask their awesome staff in the ORAP room (next to the workout room and fitness center), or take a second to look at their website.

5. Actually Workout

Close your laptop screens and put down your phones, it's time to sweat. The gym has an amazing workout room and fitness center, where students can use the fitness machines and weights to burn calories and gain muscles.

If you have any questions about Bristol Field House, make sure to check out their website and follow them on social media, or call them with any questions at: (315) -781-3528.