5 Things To Be Thankful For This November

Don't just stuff your face this Thanksgiving.

2

October is long gone and its time to get in the holiday spirit. I know some of you are blasting Christmas music already, but don't forget one of the most important holidays of all: Thanksgiving. Even though it is just the beginning of November, there is no better time than now to think of what we are thankful for.

In college, things get really hectic and stressful around Thanksgiving. With the end of the semester approaching, there are so many exams and papers due and it seems like they're all due at the same time. Often times, it can be hard to find something to be thankful when you're so overwhelmed with school work.

Here are a few things to be thankful for this November:

1. Education

College is the definition of stress. And, it never fails that professors assign papers and exams all at the same time. It seems like you're being pulled in hundreds of directions just trying to finish all of your work. However, when you feel like you're drowning in stress and work, just breath and be thankful that you are given the opportunity to further your education. Not everyone is able to attend college. Therefore, if the school work ever becomes too much, just remember that you're only trying to better yourself and that people would kill to be in your shoes.

2. Teammates

I know that everyone isn't a part of a sports team in college, but most everyone is involved in some type of club, sorority, or fraternity. My teammates mean more to me than they will ever know. Believe me, we definitely fight like cats and dogs, but they have my back and are there for me no matter what. Whenever I need a pick-me-up, they've got me. I am so thankful for every single one of my teammates!

3. Food

So we all know the cafe food isn't the best and we hardly ever have the money to go out to eat. Although it's not the home-cooked meal that your mom or grandma makes, at least we aren't starving. If that isn't enough, just remember that you'll be home in a few for a week and then you're closer to getting out a whole month at Christmas. It won't be too long before that home-cooked meal becomes reality.

4. Friends

I seriously have the best friends I could ever ask for. They stick by my side no matter what, are always up for a late night Taco Bell runs, tell me when my outfit doesn't look great and are truly wonderful. I will forever be thankful for each and every one of them. Friends are the thing that makes college fun and memorable.

5. Family

Throughout college, it gets really hard to find time to see your family, especially if you live far away or play a sport. They may be miles and miles away, but family is family no matter what. They are only a phone call away and will always be there for you. Be thankful that your mom always calls you when you're busy. Be thankful that your brother acts like he doesn't care about seeing you because deep down you know he actually really does miss you; he just has to act like a big, tough guy. Despite being forever away from your family, take some time this November and be thankful for the family that you have.

These are just a few things I am thankful for. This list may or may not apply to you, but take some time during November and figure out some things that you are thankful for. Say a big "Thank you!" as much as you can this month.

Happy Thanksgiving!