5 Things You Need To Do To Live A Happier Life

Get your shit together.

7

We all come to a time in our lives where we just don't know. We just sort of feel like an empty shell of a person and we don't know why. We can be extremely happy but still be empty inside; most of the time it's no ones fault except our own (so if you're pointing fingers and blaming others, knock it off). It sometimes feels impossible to get back on the right track because you're no longer acting like yourself or even like who you are as a person for that matter. But, there is a simple way to crack the shell you're living in and be yourself and feel positivity shine through you.

1. Quit trying to please everyone

At the end of the day, all that matters is YOU. If you're happy, good. If you're taken care of, good. Don't break your back trying to carry the load of others. One of my favorite quotes is, "Don't jump over oceans for those who won't cross a puddle for you." Sometimes you can't make everyone happy regardless how much you try. The more you try and are shut down, the worse you're going to feel.

2. Stop fearing change

Let's face it, we all hate change. Whether it's a change in weather, location or relationships, we hate it. It's hard for us to adapt and we feel kind of confused about everything. The big picture is, sometimes it's okay to be afraid but you can't let it overwhelm you. When you crawl back into your shell and stay frightened and never open up or allow your self to experience things, you're going to miss out on a lot.

3. Stop putting yourself down

Just because you feel like crap doesn't mean you should drag everyone around you into your shit storm of a life. The more you mope around and take self pity on yourself, the worse you're going to feel. Look in the mirror at yourself and remind yourself how awesome you are. Go spoil yourself, get your nails done, get a new outfit, go get a case of Smirnoff and take a deep breath. You're an extraordinary person, and there is not anyone like you. Embrace it regardless of the situation you find yourself in.

4. Stop overthinking

Most of the time, half of the things we think about aren't even real things going on. They're just scenarios made up in our heads that we worry about to the point where they become realistic. I mean, hello, everyone has been freaking out about clowns and now they're terrorizing our cities; totally your fault, just saying. You have one life, live it and stop worrying before you lose yourself and the people around you.

5. Embrace your power

You have the power of forgiveness. You have the power of strength. You have the power of speech. You have the power of space. You have the power of belief. You have the power to make things better. Someone made you mad or hurt you? Forgive them and either move on from it or move on from it with that person. Give yourself the strength to do it. Use the power of speech to say the right thing. Use the power of space to allow yourself to figure it out. Use the power to believe in yourself. You are in charge of your own life, and you can change it.

I know it's hard to get out of a situation you never wanted to be in, regardless how it happened. Most of the time things can either be fixed or forgotten. It's ultimately up to you how you want to handle it. Our lives are short; stop being so negative and afraid, take the risk and live your life with the people who make you happy.