5 Things I Sincerely Miss About Charleston

Charleston, I miss you so much.

88
Emma Looby

Returning home for the summer is always sweet because I live very far from CofC, so I'm not able to visit very often. While away at school, I miss drinking coffee in the morning with my mom, or working out with my sister, and going for Dairy Queen runs with my dad. During the summertime, I get to do all of these things plus catch up with my friends from high school. We reminisce about all the times together and freak out about how close we are to adulthood. Although I absolutely love doing all of these things, especially with all of these people, this summer, it is particularly hard not to miss Charleston. These are the things I miss the most about Charleston right now:

1. The food

Nothing compares to southern comfort food. Charleston has some of the most delicious food I've ever had and I am counting down the seconds until I can stuff my face again.

2. The sunshine

Charleston's sunshine has the power to lift anybody and everybody's mood. I have been daydreaming about it while I am stuck in 60-degree, rainy weather here in New Jersey.

3. My college friends

I cannot live without seeing these people's faces every day. Sorry. Nope. Not happening.

4. The beach

Do I even have to explain this? This is the most beautiful and relaxing place ever and I won't be back until August.

5. My new life

This sounds dramatic, but after living on my own for many months of the year, living under my parents' roof again can be frustrating at times. I have to readjust to life at home.

Charleston, I miss you so much. I'll be back soon, I promise. In the meantime, I'm going to spend some quality time with mom and dad.