5 Things To Leave Behind In 2016

5 Things To Leave Behind In 2016

Do not carry the negative aspects of 2016 with you

4
5 Things To Leave Behind In 2016

Every year we promise to accomplish the goals that we have set for ourselves, and change some aspect of our lives. Accomplishing all the goals that we set for ourselves can be difficult. Other obstacles get in the way, causing us to lose our momentum. We cling on to bad habits and make mistakes along the way. While we try to make resolutions for every new year, we forget to let the baggage behind. Here are five things that you should leave in 2016:

1. Toxic Relationships

Starting off the new year with toxic people in your life will end up ruining your year. It is time to let go of the horrible boyfriend, annoying friends, and judgmental parents. You have a brand new year to focus on your own happiness. Do what makes you happy and have fun! Do not let the negative people in your life bring you down. This world is full of people who share similar interests and values as you. Make some new friends, date someone awesome, and don't let your parents get you down.

2. Control

If you want to have a good year, you have to realize that you cannot control everything. There are some things that are out of your control, and you need to be willing to accept that. There are going to be social issues and problems going on in this world, that you are not going to like. However, you have no control over those things. People in higher positions with an abundance of power control those aspects of life. It is not worth stressing out over. Instead, become an advocate for your own values. Get involved politically, read up on the facts, and do your part to make a difference. Also, have some fun. Do not hold yourself back from doing what you love. Instead, strive for more and try something new.

3. Hate

Not only will hate ruin your own happiness, but it can ruin the happiness of others as well. Do not let hate ruin your new year. Learn to let things go and do not let pointless things get under your skin. Carrying hate in your heart only makes you a hateful person. This is supposed to be your year of progress, so try to be positive. Respect the opinions and values of other people, and focus on yourself more. Learn to forgive and be understanding.

4. The Past

Leave the past in 2016 because 2017 is your year of progress. Revisiting the past only holds you back. Keep moving forward. Discover new passions and interests that will make you happy. Live in the present and focus on your future. How you live your life now will determine your future, so start the year of positively. Accomplish the goals that you set for yourself and make your happiness a priority.

5. Negativity

Leave your negative attitude in 2016 and look forward to a fresh start in 2017. 2017 can be your year, if you decide to stay positive. Strive to achieve the goals you have set and be yourself. Look forward to new opportunities and make new friends. Stop focusing on the negative aspects of your life, and instead focus on what makes you happy. Work towards something greater in 2017.