5 THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY

5 THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY

Sometimes appreciation of the little things in life can make you feel a little bit better.

128
5 THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
Maritza Romero

5 Things That Make Me Happy

With Anti-Trump protests popping up in major cities and universities in America, happy is not the majority of the emotions many people are feeling. Many are reuniting and standing together in hope that their solidarity will bring change. I will be the first to admit that the only initial emotions upon hearing the results of the election was fear, anger, and disappointment. But upon seeing so many people coming together to bring a message of hope among what may seem like dark times, I too, believe that like our President Obama stated, “the sun will rise in the morning.” Which is why when I was looking through my Tumblr messages and I saw this in my inbox, I realized that sometimes appreciation of the little things in life can make you feel a little bit better. Without further-ado, the 5 things that make me happy:

1. Coffeeshops - There's just something about coffeeshops with warm lighting and the smell of coffee and baked goods mixing together that always make me feel so cozy and at home.

(Pictured above: The Hollow in San Francisco)

(Pictured above: Eurostar in Tracy, CA)

2. Writing, Doodling, and Cute Stationary

3. Doing all the touristy things regardless of the fact that I have either lived or visited the place tons of times beforehand.

(Pictured Above: Chinatown in San Francisco)

(Pictured Above: Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco)

(Pictured Above: Obligatory In n Out pictures are a must)

(Pictured Above: Olvera Street in Los Angeles)

4. Plants (regardless of the fact that I can't take care of them ha-ha) - There's just something about them that bring such happiness and liveliness to any room or location.

5. Twilight and Sunsets- More than half of my camera roll consists of sunset shots.

(Pictured Above: Half Moon Bay)

(Pictured Above: outside an In n Out on the way to Los Angeles)

(Pictured Above: some place when exiting some mountains on the way back from Los Angeles)

(Pictured Above: suburban neighborhoods in Tracy, CA)