5 Things That Happen When Your Best Friends Go To Different Colleges

New friends are wonderful, but the old ones will forever stay in your heart.

17
123rf.com

You know the drill. Go to college, meet new people, become super close and never want to leave again, right? Well, yes, but not entirely. There's not a problem with staying best friends with the girls you were inseparable with back home, but the hardest part is when they go to different schools, in separate directions, hours away.

1. You HARDLY get to see each other. Like ever.

You have different schedules. You go home on different weekends. It's next to impossible to meet up, unless it's the holidays and then you have to work around all your family time just to see them, but that's what social media, texting and FaceTime were invented for...amIright?

2. You get a tad jealous because they're making new friends...but so are you.

I mean really, you didn't expect them to not have any friends at all, right? They are around these people all the time. They can't be boring all the time. Plus, you have your new friends too. It will be okay. They won't forget about you!

3. You get to find who you are, without them.

This might be one of the harder things to take in. You think you know who you are, but let's face it, you base that off of who you are WITH them. Going to a different college, you get to explore yourself and find out who you are around other people, people who don't know you...yet!

4. You get to visit new places!

One of the best parts of being on your own and in college is getting to go places whenever you want! Going to visit your BFFS at their college and getting to see what their life is all about is fun and new adventures is what college is all about, right?

5. And finally, when you do finally get to see each other, it's a BLAST.

You never run out of things to talk about with all the new things going on in each of your lives. You learn something new about each other every time, even if you thought you knew everything about each other already, but you always pick up where you left off.