5 Things Every Crazy Cat Lady Hears

5 Things Every Crazy Cat Lady Hears

Every crazy cat lady has heard these at least once.

10
5 Things Every Crazy Cat Lady Hears
Tessa T. Boyles

We all know a crazy cat lady, most neighborhoods have at least one, some even more. Typically, the crazy cat lady is the older woman in town whose house is about to bust with felines. This lady will take any strays and her house is usually accompanied by the strong odor of cat pee. Not every crazy cat lady fits this stereotype. After acquiring a third cat, people call me a crazy cat lady. If I could I totally would have more too. Here are five things that every crazy cat lady has heard at least once.

1. Dogs are better.

Yeah we get it dogs are cool, everyone loves dogs because they are such a family pet while cats are much more solitary. Look, I love dogs too, I love all animals and no one has to pick one or the other. We can love cats and dogs equally, even if cats are better anyway.

2. All those cats must be a handful.

Why yes, yes they are. It is not easy being a pet owner in general and adding multiple animals makes the job even harder. No, I do not enjoy cleaning five litter boxes a hundred times a day or the circling of the heard when you can see a little bit of the bottom of one of their five food bowls, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

3. What's all that hair on your clothes?

That my friends is a permanent fixture on all my clothes, cat hair. Cats are fickle creatures and because they bath themselves it is hard to get them to sit still long enough to brush them, so more often then not they just shed wherever. It is easier to pick off hair and use a lint roller than have scratches all the way up my arms and face.

4. I'm surprised I can not smell cat pee on you or your house.

Proper training and cleaning will keep your cats from peeing everywhere and having everything you own smell like feline pee. If you clean out the litter box everyday or so, you will not be able to notice the smell at all. If you properly litter train your cats they will not pee anywhere but the litter box and if they do if you have the proper cleaning supplies you can get it taken care of, no harm no foul. Not every person that has a lot of cats allows it to get out of hand. Proper cleaning can help keep humans and felines alike happy.

5. You do not need another cat.

I do not need another cat and most of the time I do not even want one. The ones I have are so bad and get into everything, but I can not predict when a stray cat or animal for that matter will come up to me and need a loving home. I can not predict when and adorable kitten will catch my eye and I will just have to have it. I will never have too many cats and as long as I have the means, I will never say no to one that needs a home.

I am a crazy cat lady and damn proud of it!