5 Things To Do In Boston

5 Things To Do In Boston

#4 Get Cannolis From Mike's Pastry

356
5 Things To Do In Boston
Lindsey Schiffner

After traveling to Boston for the Sweet Sixteen Villanova basketball game, I fell in love with all that Boston has to offer. From amazing food to incredible shopping, Boston is great for walking and even exploring the history of our country. Here are some places I suggest visiting if you decide to take a trip to Boston.

1. Visit To Faneuil Hall

Faneuil Hall offers places to eat or pick up small bites as well as some retail locations. I recommend Mija for tacos and the best guacamole. Also, visit the Wicked Good Cupcakes stand for some cupcakes in a jar. Surrounding Faneuil Hall, there are shops like Urban Outfitters and Sephora as well as the Ghirardelli chocolate store.

2. Eat at the North End

Known for its Italian cuisine, the North End is filled with delicious restaurants and pastry shops. My favorites include Lucca and Giacomo’s for pasta and classic Italian food. Basically all the restaurants in North End are delicious, but if you’re looking to eat at Giacomo’s be prepared to pay with cash only and wait in a long line.

3. Shop at Newbury Street

Newbury Street offers an array of shopping and eateries all within brownstone houses. The shopping includes higher end stores like Tiffany and Co. to Gucci as well as Steve Madden and MAC. The stores are beautifully merchandised and make for a fun browsing experience.

4. Get Cannolis from Mike’s Pastry

Mike’s Pastry along with all the other bake shops in North End offer traditional Italian pastry as well as the most incredible cannolis. Stop by to enjoy tiramisu, a Napoleon, or a chocolate covered cannoli.

5. Visit the Cambridge

A short ride from Boston, Cambridge is the home of Harvard University and a beautiful, quaint downtown. If you have an extra afternoon, visit the Harvard campus and Harvard square for dining and more shopping.