5 Things About Meghan Markle That Everyone On Both Sides Of The Atlantic Can Admire

Everyone loves a good love story, but what we love even more is a strong and beautiful woman.

885

I was one of the millions of people who woke up at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning to witness the union of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Now that Meghan is the most popular woman in the world, at least for the moment, I wanted to list some of the most attractive qualities about the Duchess of Sussex and why everyone can look up to her.

1. She never pretended to be something she wasn’t

Not everyone is fit to be a princess, and that’s okay. Meghan probably wasn’t either, but it is evident that some of her own personal qualities before she met Prince Harry seep through into her new royal lifestyle. Her philanthropic work, her style, and poise, etc. already came naturally to her.

2. She had her own career, desires, and ambitions

Although, now as a royal, Meghan has to give up a lot of her old life; that doesn’t make her previous career successes any less notable. If she had never met Harry she would still be able to stand on her own two feet. That is something everyone should strive for!

3. She never let the past define her

Let’s not forget, the Duchess of Sussex used to be married! I bet that poor guy is sorry now.

On top of that, she has her own family issues just like everyone else, but that never stopped her from living out her dreams. I think everyone can relate to this quality that Meghan has displayed; No one is perfect, and we all have things that we have done or said that we have learned from, and that have put us in the right place at the right time to receive something better.

4. She was a force for change

Besides having her own acting career, Meghan was involved in different charity organizations, including being a UN ambassador. Her new life is giving her an even bigger platform to make the world a better place and create change. She isn’t just a pretty face, she has a good heart as well.

5. She is proud of who she is.

It was quite evident, if you watched the royal wedding, during the couple's ceremony that there were aspects of it that have never been done before. The choir and Bishop Michael Curry, who delivered a beautiful speech on love. The two cultures were fused together seamlessly. I think it was admirable that Meghan vouched to have those parts of her life incorporated. She didn’t conform to the classic royal traditions, she made some new traditions of her own.

This is just one woman’s qualities that I think have a great deal of importance and relevance in the world right now! There are strong role models everywhere, they don't always have to be wearing a crown.