The 5 Best Things About Going Back To College

College Is Awesome.

4

I'm heading back to college soon and there's a lot to look forward to. I'll be around people all of the time (or most of the time), I'll have a new room to decorate, and I'll have classes to attend. It'll be a change from my relaxing summer, but it's one that I'm excited for so I compiled a list of the five best things about going back to college:

1. Decorating Your Dorm Room

All throughout the summer I was on Pinterest finding cool dorm room decoration ideas to and I can’t wait to finally decorate my room. I love the different DIY projects, tapestries, and picture walls on Pinterest and my room will probably be filled with all of them. It’s amazing how decorations can transform an otherwise plain room and I can’t wait to transform mine.

2. Exploring The City

Even after spending a year in my college’s city, I still feel like I haven’t seen it all. There are so many hidden gems in any city and I can’t wait to find them. I’m excited to explore and find new places, like hidden parks, charming coffee shops, and quaint shops.

3. Learning More About Your Field Of Study

I’m looking forward to learning more about how I can turn a passion into a career. Over the summer, I started to miss going to classes (mostly the ones related to my major) and I can’t wait to be back to learn more information related to my field of study.

4. Meeting New People

College is the perfect place to meet new people and make new friends. Last year, I was able to meet so many people from different parts of the state, country, and world. Even though I met a lot of people last year, I’m still looking forward to meeting even more people when I head back this year.

5. Seeing All Of Your Friends Again

All of the above things are exciting, but the one I’m most excited for is being able to see all of my friends again. There are some friends that I haven’t seen since the spring, some that I saw a week ago, and some in between. I can’t wait to hear how their summers were, catch up with each other, and start making new memories.