5 Thank You's For My Big Brother

5 Thank You's For My Big Brother

Thank you for everything you have done, do, and will continue to do.

Without my brother, my life would have been miserable. He was and is one of my best friends. We don't always agree on everything but we do agree that we love each other. I owe you so many thank you's but here are 5 that cover only a fraction of the thanks I feel!

1. Thank you for always protecting me, even when I didn't know I needed it.

You still try to protect me, even though I'm a grown woman. I appreciate it though because I know it means you care. I know it's hard for you to see me as a woman, instead of the little sister who always needed you. You were forced into a father role and you don't know how much that means to me that you took it on so gracefully. I can still throw a pretty badass spiral because you would let me play with you and taught me the rules of football. Thank you for teaching me so much more about life than I could have ever imagined.

2. Thank you for being my best friend.

You were always there for me to vent at and simply talk to. You answered any questions I had about sex, life, money. You always treated me like an equal and not just some stupid kid. For all we went through, we had each other and we never let each other down. Thank you for being the person I could always go to.

3. Thank you for having my back and pushing me to be the best person I can be.

You bought me a book about budgeting for my birthday. You not only protect me but you always have my back and support my decisions. You give me your unbiased opinion and always give me honest advice but you never pressure me to take it. You give me the space to make decisions about my life but always stand next to me if I stumble in those decisions. Thank you for always supporting me in all that I do.

4. Thank you for giving me a best friend, my sister-in-law.

You married my best friend. You gave me someone I can trust wholeheartedly. She never betrays my trust, even to you. If I ask her for anything she is there for me. She always listens and I love gossiping with her about everything and anything. You gave that to me because without you I wouldn't have ever talked to her, due to the fact that I had misjudged her. You made me change the way I thought about her and thank god you did. She isn't just my best friend but rather she truly is my sister. Thank you for giving me a sister that influences the way I view and treat people.

5. Thank you for being the best big brother a little sister could ask for.

You weren't just a brother to me but you are a father figure. You were the person I turned to for everything in life and you still are. You gave me a sister, a wonderful nephew, a beautiful little niece, and a niece/nephew on the way. You gave me support and love. You gave me a friend when I had none. You taught me it's okay to be myself with my super weird personality that matches yours. You gave me the best big brother I could have asked for, thank you.

I owe a part of who I am to you. You are a role model and while you aren't perfect, you are an example of what I want the men in my life to be like: kind, loyal, and intelligent. Even a little nerdy because you watch Dragon Ball Z Super every Sunday. I hope one day, you will see all that you mean to me. You helped me to be a strong, smart, independent woman and you turned me into an Auntie Kitty, which is one of the best gifts to ever be given to me. Thank you for everything you have done, do, and will continue to do.

I love you, Matt.