I love taking my big buddy out on a walk, but I have to say it is always a workout when it comes to walking my dog. Especially, when he’s super energetic. So here’s a few things we big dog walkers may deal with on a daily basis:
1. There’s a real chance that you may lose an arm or two.
One minute all is fine, but if a squirrel shows up my 120 pound dog will pull with all his power to try and get it. So sometimes I legitimately fear that my arm will fall off.
2. He wants to show his love to everyone he meets but because of his size he can intimidate others.
All my dog wants to jump up and down on you and give you kisses. But, because of his excitement and force he could come off to others as quite threatening.
3. Plus, we can’t forget the large amounts of poop we have to pick up.
4. Watch out for getting drenched in saliva.
A hot day and a long walk cooks up the perfect storm to have slobber-mania. My dog doesn’t understand that I love his kisses but not the slobber.
5. You’re pretty much exhausted by the time you reach home.
Even though it is quite the workout nothing compares to the happiness in your dog’s eyes when you come home from a nice walk.