5 Steps To Loving Yourself

5 Steps To Loving Yourself

Why not spread self love in 2017

14
5 Steps To Loving Yourself

1. Put yourself first.

If you're anything like me, you might immediately drop what you're doing when someone else needs you. You want to be there for everyone else and are afraid of disappointing others. This gets exhausting after awhile. You have to learn to put yourself first, not all the time but some of time.

2. It is okay to be overly confident.

There is a big difference between being confident and being conceded. It is okay to feel good about yourself and show yourself off. Take selfies when you're feeling yourself, wear heels just because you want to, who gives a damn what anyone else thinks. It's not always easy, and we all have our rough days but people are more likely to notice someone walking with their head held high than someone staring at the ground.

3. Don't be afraid of standing out.

It is okay to be different, don't let that fear of standing out stop you from being yourself and loving who you are. You'll find people that are similar to you, the real you. Trust me, those are the people you want around anyway, the ones you can be 100% yourself with.

4. Love your natural self too.

We all love who we are when we're dolled up. Eyes, hair, shoes, the whole nine-yards we love it. However, don't forget to love your natural self too. Sweatpants, disheveled hair, and no make-up is just as beautiful... and a lot less work.

5. Don't explain yourself.

This is the hardest rule for me to follow, however, I feel it is the most important. People will ask you questions, expect you to do things, wonder what you're doing and why, but you don't have to explain yourself. It puts pressure on you to be a certain way which makes you question yourself. Do what makes you happy and be who you are. Those that don't like it won't stay and those that do are the ones worth keeping around.