The 5 Stages Of Being Sick In College

The 5 Stages Of Being Sick In College

Being sick isn't as great as it was when you were 8.

27
The 5 Stages Of Being Sick In College
Christina Caradona

People always told me that I would get sick pretty often my freshman year; they were right. I've learned that there's a specific sequence of events when you're sick in college.

1. Denial

This is when you feel just a little off. It might begin with a slight sore throat or a headache, but you don't believe that it'll turn into anything, so you pop some Advil and still make it to all your classes.

2. Anger

You've just woken up the next morning. Your throat is on fire and you can't breathe out of your nose. This is when the anger takes over. 2 essays, 3 quizzes, 1 exam, you have no time for this sickness!!!

3. Bargaining

This is where you start to blame yourself. "Maybe if I went to the doctor earlier I wouldn't be like this", and other thoughts run through your mind. You might even pray to a higher power even though you're not religious (trust me, it doesn't work).

4. Depression

Okay, you know you're sick. So now you're going to have FOMO over the weekend and imagine all of the fun things your friends are doing without you. You just want a hug but no one will hug you in fear of being infected.

5. Acceptance

Ah, the final stage of sickness. You're done denying this; you are sick as a dog. So lay in bed with a big box of tissues and pick a good Netflix series, you might be here for a while.