5 Songs To Add To Your February Playlist

Perfect for your lonely Valentine’s Day.

81
Tumblr

1. Julia Michaels, “Issues”

You may not know who she is, but you’ve definitely heard her work. Julia Michaels has penned Top 40 hits like Selena Gomez’s “Good For You” and Justin Bieber’s “Sorry,” and now she’s kickstarting a solo music career with “Issues.” If you’re perpetually single but have someone on your mind, then this song is too relatable.

2. Kehlani, “Distraction”

Okay, so, Kehlani just released her new album SweetSexySavage, and it’s probably one of the best bodies of work I have heard since Beyoncé’s Lemonade (more on that later). Chances are that if you’re forever alone, you’re not going to have many “distractions” in your life like Kehlani. But, if you have a loving bae by your side, then play this on repeat during Valentine’s Day!

3. Arctic Monkeys, “Why’d You Only Call Me When You’re High?”

Another cynical song about love/hooking up/whatever you want to call it. Hopefully, your Tinder date doesn’t ghost you this month, but if you don’t strike any luck, you can sit in your room, build a fort of blankets, and binge-watch Suits until your eyes are bloodshot red. Or, you can play this song over and over to vent out your frustrations.

4. Ella Eyre, “We Don’t Have To Take Our Clothes Off”

Maybe you’re not into the booty call/hookup culture -- I know I’m not. And, that’s okay. Life is about choice, even on Valentine’s Day. If you fall in this category of hopeless romantics, then check out Ella Eyre’s “We Don’t Have To Take Our Clothes Off.” 10/10, would recommend because it is just so relatable.

5. Beyoncé, “All Night”

I said this once, and I’m going to say it again: if Beyoncé doesn’t win a Grammy for Album of the Year tomorrow night, I will be very, very, very mad -- in fact, I would say she got robbed. So, if your man’s eyes are only on you and he doesn’t have another “Becky with the good hair” in his life, then “All Night” would make a great addition to your February soundtrack.