5 Songs From "Folklore" That Prove This Could Be Taylor Swift's Best Album Yet

In the midst of a pandemic, Taylor Swift really surprised us all. In recent years, the artist has chosen to hype up each of her new album's with social media teasers, bold music videos, and publicity interviews that keep us on our toes. The release of "Folklore" was a different story. Her lyricism and imagery shine bright in each song, creating a melancholy, but overall stunning storyline that resonates differently for each listener. For all you new "Swiftie" fans out there, here are five songs from her new album that I've had on repeat since their release. If you weren't a fan before, just you wait.

1. "August"

Arguably one of the most underrated songs from "Folklore", this song brings me back to a hot summer day, running along the beach with my first boyfriend and WOW. If any song was meant to perfectly describe the month of August, this song does it perfectly. Highly recommend listening to this one in the car with the windows down.

2. "Seven"

It was the lyrics that did it for me in this song. Taylor's lilting voice sounds like she is inviting her listeners to run away from the world with her, and it sounds pretty tempting. She sings, "And I think you should come live with me/ And we can be pirates/ Then you won't have to cry/ Or hide in the closet/ And just like a folk song/ Our love will be passed on". How beautiful is that?

3. "The Last Great American Dynasty"

Taylor really used all her storytelling tricks in this one. Throughout the song, it sounds like Taylor is comparing herself to a woman from decades ago who's reputation led to scandals in a small town. If you close your eyes listening to this song, you'll almost feel transported to the place Taylor describes.

4. "Exile" (ft. Bon Iver) 

First of all, thank you Taylor for finally helping Bon Iver receive more of the recognition they deserve. This pairing was one I definitely didn't see coming, but somehow it works perfectly. If you hadn't shed a tear yet throughout "Folklore", this song will definitely change that. Taylor and Bon Iver harmonize perfectly as they sing about the endings of a relationship gone bad.

5. "The 1"

The opener to the album, "The 1" sets the tone for an album that brings listeners back to a fairytale many can relate to. In my opinion, this song should be listened to a rainy day, with coffee in hand. Falling in and out of love can seem almost surreal, creating emotions and memories we cling to in the quietest moments of our life.

For many, this album was a game-changer. For fans that had lost faith in Taylor, or who had never really listened to Taylor in the first place, I'm sure "Folklore" will remind everyone why we love Taylor so much.