5 Songs for the Struggling Christian

5 Songs for the Struggling Christian

Amazing Grace Breaks Every Chain and you should Cry Out to Jesus to get you through all of the Tunnels and Deserts of life.

3005
5 Songs for the Struggling Christian
Abigail Quick

This article is worth the read until the very end even if you are not struggling. Because, let's be honest, everyone is going to be struggling through or with something at some point. Give it a read!

Ever feel like you can't win for losing? Like no matter how hard you try nothing ever pays off?

Do you feel like you are lacking in your walk with God? Like your faith is not progressing? Almost like you aren't on fire for the Lord anymore.

It's A-okay if you are struggling. You are not the first and you won't be the last. I sometimes find myself struggling. Trying to balance school, a growing business, and life can be challenging and hard. Often I think that the only possible way to solve this is to prove how much I love God. WRONG. The best way to cure whatever you're struggling with is to remind yourself that God loves you.

So instead of worrying about how you can prove your love for the Lord... let God prove himself to you by reminding yourself of His amazing love for you. The best way, in my opinion, is to turn on and turn up your favorite worship songs.

If you don't know where to start or just want a few suggestions, here are my 5 go-to-get-me-out-of-this-struggle songs.

1. Amazing Grace

This is a classic. Whether you like the hymnal version or the My Chains Are Gone version, this song is sure to help you through that rough patch. This song is often overlooked. People forget to really think about what the lyrics mean.

"Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now I'm found, was blind but now I see. Twas grace that taught my heart to fear and grace my fears relieved. How precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed."

When you listen to this song think about how powerful the words are. Think about the amazing grace. Think about all God has done for you.

2. Break Every Chain by Lincoln Brewster

This song is relatively new but none less powerful. This song really hits home for me. This song is really good for anyone who struggles with ANYTHING in life. Once again the lyrics say it all, you just have to listen.

"There is power in the name of Jesus. There is power in the name of Jesus. There is power in the name of Jesus. To break every chain, break every chain, break every chain."

Not just one chain... EVERY CHAIN.

This song is a really good reminder that sometimes you just need to cry out to Jesus, which leads me to song #3. Any guesses?

3. Cry Out to Jesus by Third Day

This is one of my all time favorite songs. Not to mention this is my most favorite Christian band. If you don't know much about their music, I strongly suggest you look it up. I honestly haven't found a song I didn't absolutely love and relate to . Their newest album has been on constant repeat these days. Their albums are great (free on Spotify) and they are even better in concert. This song is perfect for the struggling Christian.

"For the ones who can't break the addictions and chains, you try to give up but you come back again. Just remember that you're not alone in your shame and your suffering. There is hope for the helpless, rest for the weary, love for the broken heart. There is grace and forgiveness, mercy and healing. He'll meet you wherever you are, cry out to Jesus."

This is so important for the Christian and non-Christian because it simply says that its never too late and it doesn't matter where you are or where you have been. Cry out and let the Master do the rest.

4. Tunnel by Third Day

Yes, Third Day strikes again. Told you they were my favorite band!! This song is extremely special to me. This was one the first song I ever heard by Third Day and it came at a very crucial time in my life. It is really hard to not quote the whole song here because the whole song is literally so true and so useful for the struggling Christian. So, here goes it.

"I won't pretend to know what you're thinking. I can't begin to know what you're going through. I won't deny the pain that you're feeling, but I'm gonna try and give a little hope to you. Just remember what I've told you, there's so much you're living for.

There's a light at the end of this tunnel.There's a light at the end of this tunnel for you.There's a light at the end of this tunnel shinin' bright at the end of this tunnel for you.So keep holdin' on. You've got your disappointments and sorrows. You ought to share the weight of that load with me. Then you will find that the light of tomorrow, brings a new life for your eyes to see. So remember what I've told you. There's so much you're living for."

What more can you ask for? God is always there to get you back to the light and positivity. It won't be dark forever, but your trust in God must remain strong to get you through whatever your tunnel is.

Also, check out Revelation by Third Day and look out for an article based on just that song. It is GREAT, but then again so is every other Third Day song.

5. Desert Song by Hillsong United

Hillsong, yet another amazing band. I also love and relate to all of their songs. This song is perfect for the struggling Christian. The lyrics say it all.

"This is my prayer in the desert when all that's within me feels dry. This is my prayer in my hunger and need. My God is the God who provides. And this is my prayer in the fire, in weakness or trial or pain. There is a faith proved of more worth than gold. So refine me, Lord, through the flame.

And I will bring praise. I will bring praise. No weapon formed against me shall remain. I will rejoice. I will declare. God is my victory and He is here."

Your struggle makes you feel hopeless and empty. If you can remain faithful God is your victory and he is always there to pull you out of the dust of your worst deserts.

Can I add 500 more to this list please?!

These are just 5 songs. This was SO UNBELIEVABLY HARD to sit down and do. 5 songs? How how how?? I thought long and hard over these and these are my absolute favorite for the struggling Christian, and trust me, I could sit here for hours on end giving you so many more amazing worship songs.

If you're new to worship and need song suggestions I have you covered and would LOVE to share my library and my faith with you!

IT IS NEVER TOO LATE. Cry out, ya'll.

-Abigail