5 Snacks That Are Overrated

5 Snacks That Are Overrated

Can you handle the unfortunate truth?

609
5 Snacks That Are Overrated
pinterest.com

Let's face it, we get faced with the munchies at least once.. a week. Or if you're me, a day (or more let's be honest). Here is a definitive list of the 5 most overrated snacks of all time, all of which are still near and dear to my heart.

1. Nutella anything

Yes, the glorious snack that all "basic" girls love. Nutella is extremely overrated; it's a chocolate hazelnut spread, but there are so many better options, like peanut butter or almond butter, and they're healthy too. Plus, the consistency is akin to sludge... not exactly appetizing. Additionally, Nutella has been around for awhile, I remember having it when I was young, so I don't know when it gained a label. I love Nutella too, but I think we need to reevaluate the Nutella-on-everything trend.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F02%2F20%2F6362315624063343311885334425_3199ff36119af0719d070bf889677cb1.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=457&h=ccade2d2bbd3dbd8304903cf77b6e69551af34fbeb2ecdd9af9c9e3acbe0fcb5&size=980x&c=3816197815 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2017%252F02%252F20%252F6362315624063343311885334425_3199ff36119af0719d070bf889677cb1.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D457%26h%3Dccade2d2bbd3dbd8304903cf77b6e69551af34fbeb2ecdd9af9c9e3acbe0fcb5%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3816197815%22%7D" expand=1]

2. Popcorn

I do enjoy popcorn. It's cheap and easy to make, but it almost makes it mundane when you go to the movies and you think: "oh, it's just popcorn, nothing special", which, in my opinion, ruins the whole experience of movie theater popcorn. It's no longer a special treat... That's it. I am going to start a campaign. "Make Popcorn Great again".

3. Poptarts

My inner middle school girl is screaming. I loved these things. All my peers claimed them to be a sugar high, plus we were all at the prime of our metabolism, so having two poptarts for lunch was a genuinely good time. I remember the day I looked at the nutrition facts of one of those bad boys and the serving size said one poptart. Needless to say, I was crushed. However, now we look at poptarts as one of the best quick desserts or breakfasts and are hit with the cringe-worthy nostalgia that is middle school.

4. Guacamole.

Obviously, you wouldn't eat guac by itself; it's too good for that, too pure. But it, like Nutella, has gained a decent following in recent years. A good source of healthy fatty acids and one of my favorite spreads of all time has become "too mainstream." The delectable spread works with anything, but hands down is best with tortilla chips which, by far, is the most addictive way to eat it. And even if you don't like guacamole, you can at least appreciate the meme associated with it.

5. Goldfish

I am actually eating goldfish as I write this. Honestly, the snack-that-smiles-back has been a constant snack that will, no matter what, be there for anyone. It's like pizza, the one food that is always there for you, the ultimate comfort snack that can also be used in soup and for croutons. Talk about versatile.