5 Simple Tips To Rock The Semester

5 Simple Tips To Rock The Semester

Make your semester that much better.

34
5 Simple Tips To Rock The Semester

It seems like winter break just started yesterday; sadly it's coming to a fast end. The feeling of being stress free will cease to exist, and so will the hours of sleep you get. We don't need an explanation. We all know fall semester was only your warm up so you can chill your nuggets. What I've created here is your game plan to ensure you have a successful semester! You're welcome.

1. I'm not your mother, but clean your room!

Take your clothes off of your desk and that chair, and put them where they belong. Sort and organize your closet and drawers also, I would like to see the floor again. For some reason, I think a clean organized room correlates with a clean organized life.

2. Make a to do list every day; I usually make mine the night before.

Try to keep your to do lists short and sweet, which isn't always possible but this helps to keep you from feeling overwhelmed. Next, do the hardest thing on your list first. I know it sucks but you'll feel more accomplished and so much better.

3. Actually attend your classes during syllabus week.

Don't start the semester off lazy -- get up and show up. I know it's syllabus week and you don't want to do work, but use this time to read ahead. It's way too easy to fall behind. I know, firsthand.

4. Don't have a planner? Get one.

Oh, come on -- they're not so bad and they are so cute! Use your syllabus to record important dates, when homework is due, review sessions, when exams are coming up, and the actual exam date. Feel free to color code!

5. Finally, set at least five SMART goals for the semester.

They don't have to be academics related, although I'd encourage them to be. For example, a few of mine are to start studying and reviewing earlier, be more productive with my time, discipline myself, make time to get to the gym, and to make time for myself to do more of what I love.

Write your goals down and put them somewhere you can see them every day; mine are in my notebook. Also, take the time to see how you're doing on your goals and reevaluate yourself, change whatever it is that is keeping you from accomplishing them.