5 Signs That You're Burning Out

5 Signs That You're Burning Out

Burnout is a physical or mental collapse by overwork or stress.
419

In different aspects of our lives, whether its sports or academics or even in the workplace, we experience something we call burnout. So, we will explore what it is and what some of the signs are that you're experiencing it.

What is burnout?

As defined by the dictionary, burnout is a physical or mental collapse by overwork or stress and results in the decline in their performance and overall quality of life. Burnout occurs when an individual is experiencing chronic stress. When an individual feels this way, they exceed the capabilities of their available resources in order to deal with the stressors.What are some signs of burnout?

Here are five signs that you are experiencing burnout.

1. Lack of Motivation:

Have you experienced a loss of enthusiasm or lose internal motivation for your work or sport? This is a sign of burnout. Often times this occurs when people get into routines and have less to focus on. Change your schedule around a bit, go somewhere else for lunch or take on a different method on training. Be creative!

2. Frustration and Negativity

Negative feelings and emotions flourish when we begin to burnout and often expedite that downward spiral. Don’t allow these emotions to fester; internally check yourself and find when you find these feelings, remove yourself from the stress and relax.

3. Not Taking Care of Yourself

Cutting corners while you’re getting ready in the morning or skipping a meal to keep working can only multiply the stress on your body. That extra 15 minutes of rest in the morning isn’t worth the disorganized rush to get out the door that can ruin the rest of your day. If you like you’re moving slow, drink a glass of water! That will give you a small boost to get you through your morning routine! Remember to maintain good hygiene; taking showers and brushing your teeth good for maintaining your health.

4. Slipping Performance

Cutting corners and not doing what is required will ultimately end up with you losing a few points or generating a poor product. To help alleviate this, look at your past performances and compare where you are to those. Taking this perspective will help clear details and give you aspects to work on.

5. Being at work… even when you’re not at the office

If you’re using mental energy mulling over issues at your job and you aren’t at work then your job is interfering with your ability to recover from the stresses of that environment. In order to recover from your day, you have to take relaxation seriously. That means adequate sleep, eating right, and disconnecting from the stressors.

There are a few tips on burnout. There are many strategies to figuring out what you can do to help yourself overcome it. Always keep one thing in mind though, your health should come first. DO the things necessary to keep yourself going and your performance will follow.