5 Resolutions Worth Keeping This New Year

Some say New Years Resolutions are cheesy but the right resolutions can make all the difference!

1
Live Happy

Every year around this time, people begin to make New Years Resolutions. They tend to be general things like "go to the gym" or "eat healthy foods" and they're sadly usually abandoned sometime around February. That's why this year I wanted to find a few New Years Resolutions that I felt I and others could stick to.

Have Your Voice Heard: Become an Odyssey Creator

1. Work on being more positive

Let's face it, sometimes things just suck, you have a tough day, school work is bogging you down and the end just seems to never be in sight. Even when things get hard, sometimes maintaining a positive outlook can make a world of difference. This year I want to work on that attitude, even when I'm having a sucky time.

2. Cut down on procrastination

Being real I know sometimes I'm still going to shove things to the last minute but my goal is to hopefully cut down on it at least a bit. Staying on top of my work will make my last semester of school easier in the long run. If you're in my position and need to crack down on your procrastination habits, try to vow to not put things off for at least half of your classes and then work forward from there.

3. Let go of negativity

There's no point brooding over the past and sometimes the best way to get over something is to allow yourself to let it go. More than once in 2016, I felt myself holding on to a lot of unnecessary negativity. Whether someone hurt you in the past or you did something that you're not proud of, give yourself permission to heal and move on. Do what you need to do, apologize, cry, scream, write it out. And then allow yourself to leave the past behind. You are not who you used to be.

4. More self-care

It's no secret that as college students we lead very busy lives, however, this doesn't mean that we have to neglect ourselves in the process. This year, try to take some time each week to do something that is calming and relaxing for you. It will help you to feel better and you can return to your hectic college life reenergized.

5. Lots of self-love

When life is crazy and things seem to be getting you down, self-love can be a very difficult thing to do. However, it is so important in having a healthy self-image and being at peace in life. This year I plan to find more and more ways to love myself so that I can continue to find the happiness I know I deserve. I hope that each and every single one of you will work on this as well!

A new year can seem scary but sometimes it's exactly what you need. Instead of looking at this year as a scary thing, think of all of the amazing things you can acheive in 2017 if you only set your mind to it!