5 Relatable Scenes From Inside Out

5 Relatable Scenes From Inside Out

The most relatable scenes from Pixar's most relatable movie

944
5 Relatable Scenes From Inside Out

To all you Pixar lovers out there, let's all agree that Inside Out, one of Pixar's most recent films, is one of the most creative movies out there. The animated film went up for exactly eight awards, ranging from the Academy Awards to the Kid's Choice Awards. Now, I'm not some big movie expert, but I must say when a Pixar movie has me leaving the theater in tears, there is something to be said about it. I finished watching Inside Out for the fourth time and I have no trouble admitting I've cried every time I've seen it. There's something so relatable about the little emotions inside your head that it's nearly impossible to not relate to this movie, in some way, shape, or form.

1. The Family Dinner Table Scene

"So, how was your day at school?" "What did you learn today?", I don't know about you guys, but that was the most dreaded question when I got home. I had nothing to say to my mom each time she asked me the question when I walked in the door from high school. I usually grumbled and replied "fine". Of course, refusing to respond in a civil manner, or even ask my poor, sweet mom how her day was. Watching this scene reminds me of the times when I would sit at dinner with my family and although we always tried so hard to have a nice family dinner, they typically ended the same way this scene does. Someone always ended up running up the stairs, fuming. Yet, as much as I complained about family dinners at the time, when I watch this scene as a college student, it reminds me of the few good family dinners and sometimes how much it can suck when no one will "caf" with you, and you're stuck eating dinner alone. I miss being able to fill my mom in on my day in person, and I'm sure every college kid feels the same way at times.

2. The First Day of School Scene

Oh my goodness, the first day of school. You know, I'll admit it's not so bad in college, but all those prior years leading up to it, well the first day is never as great as you expect it to be. I don't think I've ever had a mental breakdown in front of my class on the first day of school, but I'm 100% positive I cried during a presentation I gave. I'm also 100% sure that when my world history teacher told me that Adolf Hitler committed suicide with his dog I cried about that too, not because of Hitler but because of the dog, and my whole class made fun of me. Nonetheless, for those who have taken on the first day, especially for those who moved schools over the years, this scene is incredibly relatable.

3. Bing Bong's Death Scene

Okay, time for a personal story. From birth until the age of five, I lived in a suburb of Toronto, in Canada. Long story made short, my dad got offered an awesome job out in California, so he took it and my family moved to California just in time for me to start pre-school. I've always been a very social individual, even to this day, but in pre-school I had the hardest time making any friends. My teacher was actually crazy and tried to make me eat a banana at lunch every day, although I hate bananas... and the girls during recess were straight up mean. I sat for my mom in front of the school alone and I specifically remember my last day of school because my teacher gave me a sucker (instead of a banana) at lunch since I was moving to Illinois. So it comes as no surprise that with no friends, I created some of my own. I had three little imaginary friends that I used to play with for about two years while I lived in California and transitioned to Chicago. So this scene, especially, made me ball my eyes out because somewhere in the way back of my mind I still have slight memories of playing with my imaginary friends, that I'm sure plenty of other kids had, too.

4. The Riley Break-Down Scene

To me, this is the most touching scene in the movie. Here is the moment when audience members realize the balance of happiness and sadness. The movie perfectly portrays the idea that it is impossible to be happy all the time, there are moments when we need to break down, cry, and admit our faults in order to move on and be happy again. I know that for college students, college and life can get pretty overwhelming, but I know sometimes just getting a good cry out can really do the trick to get my worries out and allows me to move on from my problems.

5. The Girl Alert Scene

For being only 24 seconds, this scene still goes down in my books as the funniest. Thinking back to middle school, high school, and even some of the boys in college it's hilarious to get a glimpse into the teenage boy mind when they first see a girl.