5 Reasons Why You Should Play Pokemon Go

You'll get to be a super cool Pokemon trainer too.

80
Google

I'm sure you've all heard of it already, but Pokemon Go is taking over, and I am obsessed. I am constantly checking my phone to see if there are any Pokemon in the area, and I have been walking so much. I would recommend this app to anyone and everyone I know. If you haven't already checked it out, here are some reasons why you should.

1. It encourages you to exercise.

In order to find and catch Pokemon, you have to walk to find them. You also can hatch eggs that require you to walk a certain distance before they will hatch. I've seen a 2 km egg, 5 km egg, and a 10 km egg. Since i've gotten the app I have taken my dog for a long walk or bike ride every evening, sometimes even more than that.

2. You get to spend time outside and explore places you might have never seen before.

I've gone to various parks in my area just so I could get to some Pokestops to get supplies, catch Pokemon, and to get my steps in to hatch the eggs.

3. It's exciting to try and catch all the different Pokemon.

I'm constantly trying to catch the Pokemon I don't already have, even if it's the farthest away. They don't show you what the Pokemon is until you catch it, so you have to guess by its shape. For me that makes me want to catch it more just so I can see what it is.

4. You can easily meet other people who are also playing Pokemon Go.

Almost every time I have played Pokemon Go, I have run into other people playing the game also. We just start talking about the game and then begin laughing because we look so funny while playing it.

5. It's a lot of fun.

I can't remember ever getting this into a game before. I'm constantly opening the app and trying to figure out if there are any Pokemon in my area or any eggs that I can hatch.

So give it a try. You might find that you like it a lot more than you expected!