5 Reasons Why You Should Attend Hobart and William Smith After High School

Providing more than great opportunities for students.

205
colleges.startclass.com

Almost every college student loves the college they attend or did attend, hopefully. I'm very lucky that after three semesters I am just as much in love with my school and the campus and the town as I was when I took my tour when I was a senior in high school. So I am a little biased, but here is why you should attend Hobart and William Smith Colleges after you graduate high school:

1. Seneca Lake

The campus and the surrounding town of Geneva are located right next to Seneca Lake. The lake is absolutely gorgeous year round, but when you first arrive on campus at the end of the summer, you will not feel as though summer had ended. The Colleges have their own boathouse with a dock and additional floating docks that students have access too which is a huge bonus.

2. Study abroad

Hobart and William Smith Colleges boasts an impressive statistic of having around 60% of their undergraduate's study abroad. In addition to semester programs, they are also short-term programs abroad offered in the summer as well as over the winter break. No matter how hectic your schedule or even if you are a variety athlete, it is possible for you to study abroad.

3. Guaranteed internship program

When looking for a college I constantly had people reminding me that after these four years are over I really need to have a job at the end of it. In today's society, a huge advantage in the job market is getting a job. Well Hobart has a guaranteed internship program which basically means that if you attend a series of workshops that the Colleges have set up, ( the workshops include things such as networking and interview skills, as well as building a resume) then you will have help in searching for an internship and if it is unpaid you will receive a stipend.

4. Small town feel, big opportunities

Geneva is a fairly small town compared to what a lot of students from New York City and Boston are used to, but for me its bigger than my hometown, but still fairly small so it's comforting. The school and town provide so many opportunities to give back and be involved in the community, that even people who are from the middle of NYC can experience what it's like to live in a small town and how big of an influence a community has on all the members of it.

5. The colleges allow you to grow as a person

I am pretty self-aware of the fact that I am not the same person that I was in high school nor am I the same girl that I was last spring even. At the Colleges, I had to learn how to be independent and I was put into situations that I would never have been put in if I had not gone there right after college. Academically I have been challenged and I feel as though when I go to class I am learning something that I truly care about.