5 Reasons Why The Transition From Summer To Fall Is The Absolute Worst

It's almost fall, y'all.

11
http://eskipaper.com/dog-fall.html#gal_post_12693_dog-fall-1.jpg

It is almost a fact that fall is the very best season. There is something different about the air during the fall months that almost begs you to hang out outside and there is no doubt that fall clothes are the most comfortable and cute. This season is so near and dear to so many hearts, but the worst thing in the entire world is when September hits and all of us anxiously wait for fall to arrive.

1. Not being able to wear fall clothes because it's still hot outside

If you're like me, you know that the sweater, leggings, and boots combo is the absolute best; it's cute, comfy, and super easy to throw on before heading out the door. The absolute worst thing in the world is seeing your sweaters in your closet just waitingto be worn, but knowing you'd probably die of heat stroke if you were to wear them. "Maybe next week" is probably my most common thought while getting dressed every morning.

2. Being freezing in the morning but sweating to death in the afternoon

This causes all sorts of problems, the first being clothing choices. What the heck do you wear when it's 70 degrees at 9 a.m. but 87 at noon? You can't wear a tank top because you'll freeze, but if you wear a hoodie or anything long-sleeved you'll seriously regret your decision by 11 o'clock the same day. Personally, I hate the feeling of laying clothes, but if I don't, I'll either be too hot or too cold. Also, the vast temperature change in a single day is enough to bring on a killer cold. My body doesn't know if it's warm or cold, so it'll just give me a bad cold like that'll help my situation.

3. Waiting for fall drinks to come back

Whether you're crazy for pumpkin spice lattes or you just love a good hot chocolate, waiting for your favorite coffee shop or restaurant to start serving fall products again is near torture. Even if your place of choice does serve these wonderful beverages early in the year, something feels morally wrong about sipping a hot drink when the temperature outside still hits a low of 80 every day (or is that just me?).

4. Wanting to cuddle your partner but being repulsed by their body heat

Cuddling in the fall is so much more enjoyable than it is during any other season. There's just something special about wearing comfy clothes and snuggling up to someone under a cozy blanket while it's chilly outside. There is nothing fun about going in for a hug and feeling sweat transfer from their skin to yours.

5. Transitioning from summer mode to school mode is the hardest thing to do

Regardless of whether you worked over the summer, took summer classes, or did absolutely nothing, there is something inherently different between a summer state-of-mind and a fall state-of-mind. Even for someone who absolutely loves school, transitioning out of the summer mindset is terribly difficult. It's so tough to get back into a rhythm of going to class, getting work done, and still making time for everything else in life. I personally find the first few weeks of school to be more stressful than any other time of the school year, even more so than finals.

As we all anticipate the arrival of cold weather and the ability to participate in fall activities, remind yourself that the most wonderful time of the year is just around the corner. Get your fall decorations out, begin planning visits to haunted houses, apple orchards, and pumpkin patches because it's almost fall, y'all.