5 Reasons Why 'Moana' Is A Must-See

5 Reasons Why 'Moana' Is A Must-See

This is Disney's next big hit.

12
5 Reasons Why 'Moana' Is A Must-See
Disney Australia Movies

Recently, I went to the local movie theater to see Disney’s latest release, Moana. To say the least, Moana is one of the greatest movies that Disney has created. Anyone from children to parents of those children can go see this movie and be entertained by the animated film.

1. The Soundtrack

Lin Manuel-Miranda. Mark Mancina. Opetaia Foa'i. These wonderful humans created one of the most beautiful soundtracks I have ever heard. I have listened to the album multiple times since my initial viewing of the movie, yet I still get chills every single time. The lyrics have so much depth and meaning to them, yet you are still able to blast the album on repeat and dance around the room (you can bet that I do this).

2. Casting

Disney has created an all-star cast, one full of minorities that are able to showcase their talents to the world through the animated film. The cast was full of Pacific Islanders who are proud of their heritage and where they come from and that was displayed in the film, showing family dynamics and interactions that are cherished in the culture. Not to mention Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, who was just a crack up through the entire movie.

3. The Animation

As I sat in the theater with a few of my closest friends, I would sometimes catch myself becoming distracted from the actual plotline and just simply staring at that the high definition animation that was able to be pulled off. The clarity of the water, each individual flower, and even the hair on main characters Moana and Maui were so realistic it was unbelievable.

4. Comedy Aspect

I have never laughed that hard at a Disney movie in my entire life. That is all.

5. The Message

While all of these other factors helped contribute to my high rating of the film, the message behind the film seemed to be the selling point. There was no love interest who needed to save the damsel in distress, but instead she went on a journey of self discovery to not only find herself, but help the people who she cares about. She set out on a quest that she decided she was going to do by herself, all she needed to do was follow her heart.