5 Reasons Why Having Younger Parents is Actually the Best

My parents may be young, but they're the best!

73
Brittanie Keener

Both my parents were 19, just shy of 20 by a few months, when they had me. Young parenting has been frowned upon for years and most people don't approve, however, I don't think being a young parent is such a bad thing. Sure there are many challenges that come along with it, but with a little preseverance, I think they made it out okay. ;)

1. They actually understand technology.

This might be every kid's dream. Seriously. Not having to explain technology to your parents because they were young enough when technology started evolving to actually understand it, is quite great. Now don't get me wrong, there are still things they ask help for, but it's not a constant thing so I guess it's not so bad! hehe

2. You grew up on the best music.

Seriously. I don't know about y'all, but since it's what my parents listened too, it's what I listened too. Old country and all the hits from the 90's and 2000's are the bomb and you can almost always catch me listening to it over what's played on the radio now-a-days. No shame!

3. They are way cooler than older parents

Most kids die when their parents do pretty much anything out in public. It's like they are prime examples for embarrassment 101. Well, sometimes when your parents are younger, it's not so bad. They look young enough to pretty much get away with it, and they know at least some of how your generation is acting, to just blend right in!

4. They're fun to hang out with

They understand your lingo and watch the cool new show on TV with you. They still love to get up at 3 am on Black Friday and go shopping all day long with you. Even your own friends enjoy hanging out with them because they're the "cool mom/dad". As you get older and can relate more to each other, your parents can be some of your best friends.

5. They made it through one of the most challenging situations, and can help you through yours too.

Your parents may not have experienced everything that you have, and you may just think "Gah! You don't understand!!" But really, they have been through one of the hardest things ever as a young parent. Having to raise a kid, when they were just kid themselves, on their own wasn't easy. So when they say, "You'll get through this, I know you will." Believe them, because they made it.