5 Reasons Why Being Single Is A Gift

5 Reasons Why Being Single Is A Gift

To all the single ladies.

310
5 Reasons Why Being Single Is A Gift
Victoria Greig

You are single for a reason. You. Yes you, the one reading the words on this screen.

You are not single because you are worthless or not enough. You are not single because you are undesirable or unwanted.

You are beautiful, you are worthy, and you are loved by the King of kings.

While you may be surrounded by thousands of couples and you think to be in love is just what you need, remember this — you are single for a purpose.

Singleness is a gift, and here are some reasons why:

1. This is the only time in your life that your only priority is you.

Take advantage of this season. After you fall in love and get married, your spouse will be your new priority and very soon your children will be. While you are single you can do all the things you love without having to make time for another person. This time is all about learning to enjoy your own company.

2. You can learn how to fall in love with Jesus and yourself.

How are you supposed to be in love with another person and be in a healthy relationship, if you don't first love Jesus and even yourself? Falling in love with Jesus leads to comfort in your own skin and an appreciation for who He has created you to be. These are qualities that allow for a healthy relationship, once you are in one.

3. There is not another person competing against Jesus for your attention.

During the season of singleness, Christ needs to be your sole priority. We are called to love one another so that we may gain a better understanding of who the Lord is and His love for us. In order to gain this perspective, we must first center Him in our lives so that He may then be the center of our relationships.

4. You can spend more time with your sisters.

Singleness should be a time of fun and growth. Go out with your girlfriends. Do things you couldn't do if you were in a relationship. Live your life, and pursue the Lord alongside your girls.

5. Jesus achieved much for the kingdom, and He was single.

Being single means you can serve the Lord without being tied down. If you want to go across the sea to share the gospel, you can do so freely. Jesus was single, and He accomplished so much. He was able to go anywhere He wanted at any time. He only listened to the sweet voice of God, and He allowed the Lord to direct His steps.

God's plans are perfect for your life. He has made you single during this time for a reason.

It is a unique time. Take advantage of it. Cherish it.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" — Jeremiah 29:11