5 Reasons To Visit Grand Central Terminal

Yes, it is terminal, not station!
109

I have lived in New Jersey for all 19 years of my life; I've been right next door to the Empire State building, the Statue of Liberty, and Grand Central Terminal. Yes, it is called Grand Central Terminal. I'm sorry if you have been living a lie. I have just recently visited the Terminal and I'm happy to check off one of these three American icons. Grand Central opened at midnight on February 2nd, 1913. I am excited to go back and explore what this grand place has to offer. I highly recommend at least going once in your life because...

1. The architecture is beautiful

My breath was taken away when I finally saw Grand Central. The current terminal is actually the third station built on this spot. Two architect firms, Reed and Stem; and Warren and Wetmore designed it. The style is Beaux Arts...Ted Mosby would be proud of me!

2. You can take beautiful pictures too!

I took this gorgeous photo myself. The clock was in Madagascar! The terminal has been a great place to film a lot of movies as well: Men in Black, Glee, The Avengers, Superman, The OA, Old dogs, Men in Black II, Hackers, and Broad City...just to name a few!

3. There are eateries galore...

This image is of The Oyster Bar, the terminals staple since it first opened. From cheeses-chocolate, you can definitely find something tasty here!

4. ...And shops! (68 to be exact!)

Here are the retail store hours:

MONDAY-FRIDAY 7:00 AM TO 9:00 PM
SATURDAY 10:00 AM TO 7:00 PM
SUNDAY 11:00 AM TO 6:00 PM

5. Tours are available

The terminal is 47 acres! There is a lot to see, so you might as well take a tour! You can choose between audio tours, which are available seven days a week from 9:00 AM- 6:00 PM or the Docent-Led tour, which is 75 minutes long. It is $25 for adults and $20 for seniors, students with ID, kids under ten years old, military, and MAS Members with ID!