5 Reasons To Watch Season 6 Of "American Horror Story"

The "Roanoke Nightmare" has only just begun.

15
youtube.com

If you've never chosen to get into "American Horror Story," there are plenty of reasons for you to now. With the sixth season only a few episodes in at this point, there's still plenty of time to catch up and immerse yourself in the season with the rest of us. Sit back, relax and read up on these five reasons to watch "AHS: My Roanoke Nightmare."

1. All of the seasons are potentially connected.

The previous five seasons are seemingly unconnected upon first glance. However, for those who have delved into the show a bit more than others, there are some connections between characters, scenes and more. (Hint: Re-watch the episode in Season 1 when Sarah Paulson's character comes to talk to Violet and Constance. One word: "Croatoan.")

2. For those of you who have been faithful to the series, there are a ton of hidden gems to look out for.

From Season 1's "Murder House" to Season 5's "Hotel," there are clues in each episode that connect to seasons prior. I don't want to give away too many spoilers for those who haven't been able to catch up on the sixth installment of the series yet, but there are a few characters and concepts that pop up that fans will remember from watching the other five seasons.

3. The 6th episode of Season 6 is going to have a major plot twist.

Producer of the AHS franchise Ryan Murphy has revealed that crazy things will unfold in this episode. Will the format of the show switch from filming episodes about one family's nightmare and "break the 4th wall?" Will connections from other seasons become blatantly obvious? Are there going to be earth-shattering controversies between characters? Unfortunately, we will all have to wait another 2 weeks to find out.

4. Reading up on fan theories.

Media outlets, like Flipboard and Reddit, are full of theories created by fans on their predictions for this cryptic season. Ideas have been sprouting everywhere based on the motives of characters, symbolism behind the setting and loopholes that are secret connections to past seasons.

5. Waiting for the return of Evan Peters.

So far, the only possible peek that we've had at Peters this season is when the production crew briefly stops filming and we hear a voice from the background that sounds too much like him to not be him. Even so, only time will tell . . .