5 Reasons to Travel the World

5 Reasons to Travel the World

From my perspective

152
5 Reasons to Travel the World
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/05/05/6366112338098265011806487434_Travel.jpg

Traveling brings a lot of insight, wisdom, knowledge, etc. Traveling to different places is also a once in a lifetime experience.I believe that traveling is not only important, but essential to mental health and development in an individual. Here are a few reasons why traveling is essential (speaking from someone who lives in the United States).

1. It makes you less one-sided

I have talked to SO MANY people that are set on certain things, and have only one way of thinking. To me, this is so upsetting because there is so much knowledge out in the world and accepting that knowledge and learning from it is so much more satisfying than staying in your own shell of thinking. It is difficult to open yourself up to new opinions or ways of thinking, especially when you grow up around people who believe that their way to think is the only way to think. Seeing other perspectives can influence a person.

2. You see how content people are

I have not traveled yet, but I have talked to some distant cousins in Europe. I LOVE talking to them because they are never miserable or unhappy. My mother has traveled multiple times to Europe and she believes that people in the United States are toxic people. She says this because there are so many mental health issues here when, in reality, the way you grow up is how your mind is influenced.European culture, and most cultures outside of America, is happy and people of Europe believe that they need only what they need.

3. You understand how good you have it

Other countries have nothing compared to what America has. Americans view their country as bad, going downhill, etc. but when compared to other countries, America is a pretty nice place to live. It is called the “Land of Opportunity” for a reason, and that reason is because we can decide our own future, and we don’t have to live within our family business or background. Europe is a beautiful place, but living there isn’t always the best.

4. Culture is a beautiful thing

Most people have trouble understanding this. Culture is so different, even in different states of America.The smallest distance can create the largest gap in traditions. In culture, there is so much knowledge that should be acknowledged and celebrated because it creates diversity. The most interesting thing about culture is knowing that there are different ways to accomplish the same task.

5. You learn new languages

If you study abroad in England, I would laugh.To me, there is no point in studying abroad or living in another country for a long period of time if that means you do not come back bilingual, trilingual, etc. Learning a new language sucks; it is hard. But, you become more valuable and knowledgeable by doing so.

Wanderlust is used to describe an intense desire to travel. Most people do not have this. But, for the people that do, like myself, it will take us places. I can’t wait to travel.