Throughout the year everyone always says "I can't wait to be home for the summer ," and trust me, I said it almost every day. School becomes overwhelming, money becomes an issue and going out and doing the same things every day becomes boring. Everyone starts to get agitated, final's stress you out and all anyone wants to do is be home, in their own bed, doing whatever they want. But being home for a week, there are a few things I miss about being at school during the summer.
1. The party scene
- Being at home and especially where I am from, places to go out are limited . There are only so many bars to go to, and so many people willing to have a party. Even though at school there are only a few places to go, each night out brings new people, friends, experiences and a great time.
2. My friends
- Even though my friends from school all live relatively close to me, it's different hanging out at home, then hanging out at school. We're used to our lives at school and feel out of place out home. Everything that happens we're always like, "omg if only blah blah was here, she would love it."
- Although I'm old enough now to be able to do whatever I would do in school, at home, my parents always seem to think it's okay to tell me when to come home. Curfews existed in high school , but as college students, we have no idea what a curfew is. The last time I was told to come home was junior year of high school. We're not used to the "where are you going?" or "who are you going with?" questions, because it doesn't occur in our everyday lives anymore.
- I would rather write a 2-page paper or do some algebra homework instead of 9-hour shifts, 5 days a week, to make up for my compulsive spending. Although roles are reversed at school, I can't remember what it's like to sit down for 5 minutes and watch Netflix.
- "CLEAN YOUR ROOM," "go outside, it's a beautiful day," "go for a bike ride or something," "help me with this," "you better not sleep past 1 today" are just the typical comments every college student gets told by their parents on a regular basis. God forbid I lay down after to work, I'm considered lazy or boring.