5 Reasons Why You Should Call Your Grandparents

Your grandparents are the reason for everything.

84

This past holiday, I had the pleasure of going to visit my family in Nashville, Tennessee. Due to school, soccer and my mom's work schedule, I hadn't been able to see them since last Thanksgiving. Every time I visit them I realize how important it is to call them, and here's 5 reasons why.

1. They are the reason why you're here

Whether you think about it or not, your grandparents are the reason you're here. Without them, your parents would've never been born and so on. We should be thankful for their presence here on earth because at some point they were your age and going through some of the same things we do now.

2. They are always happy to hear your voice

Unlike other people, it's pretty much a guarantee that they will be overjoyed to hear from you. Your grandparents don't expect much, they just love to know that you were thinking about them and that you wanted to check in. The little things really go a long way in their book.

3. They have good stories to tell

Grandparents can tell you great stories about your parent/s when they were little. All the memories are even more special when it comes from your parents' parents. Not only do they tell good stories, but they also have good stories about things from their childhood as well as some good life lessons. Whether we like to admit it or not, our grandparents do know a thing or two about this little thing called life, and we should take a page from their book and apply it to our own.

4. They may not be around much longer

As morbid as it is to think about, some of our grandparents won't be around for much longer, and some have already lost one or both of their grandparents. They may miss out on some of the greatest moments of your life so, why not include in the greatest moments of your life so far. Share with them what's going on in your life and call to ask about theirs. It truly makes all the difference.

5. They love you

At the end of the day, your grandparents love you dearly. Regardless of what happens in your life, no matter how long it's been since they've seen you or heard from you, your grandparents will always love you. That's a pretty special feeling that some people don't have the luxury of having; don't take it for granted.