6 Reasons To NEVER Give Up

6 Reasons To NEVER Give Up

I stay true to not only myself but also what I believe in.

70
6 Reasons To NEVER Give Up

When I think of how I have stayed strong through all these years and now that I look back I've had a lot of influence.

1. Major Support from My Mom and Grandpa (Papa)

For as long as I can remember, my Mom and Papa have always told me to never give up on what I believe in and what I can do. As a freshman in college, I now see how that has come into play and where I can use those words of wisdom. They have followed me a long way throughout my school career and those words will always stick with me.

2. I Stay True to Not Only Myself But, Also What I Believe In

I know my strengths and weaknesses, whether it be subjects in school, writing an article or living everyday life. I grew up a shy, little kid not being very talkative to strangers, but as I got older I figured out how to be more open and sociable even though the shy little kid I once was still stayed inside of me. I always knew I had the gift of writing. I remember writing this poem about a squirrel, it wasn’t your average long poem either maybe two to three sentences long. Being my shy little kid self I was proud of this, but as I got older, I found my voice and developed a wide writing style that is unique to myself that I will be forever grateful for.

3. I’m Unstoppable

I’ve never let the slightest things get to me for very long. I have had so many mishaps in life: broken computers, ruined phones, late assignments, stressful essays. I know it is all a learning process, life is a learning process, itself. Once you have learned your strengths and weaknesses you can rise above it all.

4. I Know My Limits

I know that if I procrastinate, nothing will get done. I know that if I worry about my self-image (I’ve always been very self-conscious for as long as I can remember), or if I worry too much about my GPA and test scores, I can’t strive to be who I want to be. All of these little things are minor. I’ve learned from having a messed up high school career, constantly moving, getting into arguments with my mom’s boyfriend at the time, and my nanny passing away, your GPA doesn’t define you or what you can do. It’s just a bunch of numbers to show how well you did but, but it doesn’t define you and what you can do and can be!

5. Proving People Wrong

My parents divorced when I was 13. I have heard all my life, "we are so proud you aren't a 'statistic."' My whole life I wondered what do they mean by statistic? They mean most children who come from divorced families turn to drugs or alcohol or they end up in the wrong place and crowd. I defied all odds--that mostly has to do with my mom knowing how to raise children. She is my biggest supporter and my papa as well.

6. I’m Passionate About The Career I’m Chasing After

One thing that hasn’t stopped me through all of this is my passion for wanting to go into the Criminal Justice field--but not just your typical cop with a beat. I want to go into the Psychology part of it so, yes, I will be dealing with the dangerous criminals of the world but also helping them with a diagnosis.

No matter who you are or where you come from, you can do anything, as long as you put your mind to it and strive to meet your highest expectations.