5 Reasons Mechanic Dads Are The Best

5 Reasons Mechanic Dads Are The Best

Who doesn't love getting your car fixed for free?
257

Your dad's a lawyer? Eh, that's cool, but my dad's an automotive mechanic.

1. He can take apart an engine and then rebuild it from scratch by himself

How awesome is that? I can barely put together legos, and my dad can build a whole car engine.

2. He can tell you almost anything about any car there is

He literally is a personal encyclopedia on cars. I love hearing little tidbits about cars on every road trip because the information is everlasting.

3. He doesn't have to pay someone to check and change his oil or do anything to his truck for that matter

It's pretty nice to not have to pay other people to do something when you can do it yourself. (I like having someone to work on my car for free, too)

4. He always knows what to do if I say, "My car is making a weird noise"

Any time my car makes the slightest noise, I just have to tell my dad. He always knows what to fix, or to tell me that it's normal for my car to do that.

And finally

5. He knows the value of hard work, building something yourself, and thanks to that, I do too

My dad may not have a degree, may not have gone to college, but he knows how to push from sun up to sun down. He may not have smooth hands because he works a white collar job, but he does have hands that prove he works hard and isn't afraid to get a little grease on him. And that my friends, is pretty awesome in my books.