5 Reasons To Love Public Speaking

5 Reasons To Love Public Speaking

Public Speaking...Yuck!
71

Public speaking is one of the greatest fear throughout the entire country. Many people hate the fact the public speaking is a huge part of the education system. I hate to break it to everyone, but no matter how hard we try it is not going away any time soon. So instead of hating something that is so prominent in our daily lives, let's learn to love it! Here are 5 reasons everyone should love public speaking.

1. It breaks you out of your shell

All throughout my education I was always the shy one. Never really spoke up for what I believed in, never answered any questions in class, never worked with someone on a project that I was not friends with, and I absolutely dreaded presentations. My public speaking class broke me out of that mindset and behavior real quick. You would never believe that I am the same person I was in elementary school, middle school, and even high school. Taking that course really allowed me to break out of my comfort zone and to show and be who I really am.

2. It will help you in life

Public speaking is something that many never ever want to have to deal with, but guess what! You have to! Whether you want to be an electrician, a plumber, advertising executive, doctor, etc. you are going to have to use public speaking at some point or another. No matter what your occupation is in life, or even if you don't have a job, you will still use public speaking. Public speaking is apart of our everyday lives, so it is most definitely not going away anytime soon.

3. You will become a leader

No matter how good you are at public speaking or how comfortable you are with it, it is still a difficult task for many. Speaking in front of people is very difficult and a lot of people will refuse to do it. Overcoming the fear will prove you to be a leader. Doing something that others dread and refuse to do puts you on top and allows people to view as a leader. So do not follow the trend and refuse to public speak or hate it. Be a leader and embrace it, love it.

4. You allow the chance for your voice to be heard

We all have something important to say, but are often too afraid to say it. Public speaking allows for many to have the voice and gain the voice that they want to have! Speaking your mind is very vital in life. If you do not speak and stand up for what you want, the change will never happen. If you hate public speaking, you will never want to do this, therefore you will never see change. So use the power of public speaking and speak up for what you want! Be the change!

5. You will become a better listener

A big part of public speaking is listening. When you speak in front of people you want to be heard. You want people to understand your points and to not just sit there. You want them to comprehend what your are saying and to remember it and to use it. So because of the fact that you want to be heard, you will do the same to others. You voice your opinions and it will interest you to hear what others are saying as well. The more you speak, the better listener you will become.

I know public speaking is not for everyone, but regardless you will still have to use those skills in your everyday life. Many of us fear it and dread having to do it. It is not going away, so you might as well learn to love it! Use your voice! Be heard! Be comfortable and confident in what you say, because it is important!