5 Reasons Why Lollapalooza Is the Greatest Event Of The Summer

Lollapalooza is undoubtedly the greatest festival of all time, and here is a list to prove why it is so amazing.

42
Unsplash.com

As a student, summer is a time to relax and have fun with friends and family, but if you're from the Chicago area, chances are, there is one thing that you wait for all summer long, LOLLAPALOOZA! Lollapalooza is undoubtedly the greatest festival of all time, and here is a list to prove why it is so amazing.

1. Amazing music from every genre

Why would you go to Lollapalooza for anything but the music? Throughout the years, Lolla has hosted some of the top names in every category, names like: Metallica, Marshmello, Chance the Rapper, and Chris Stapleton.

2. FOOOOOD

With Lolla being one of the biggest festivals in the world, food venders from far and wide take notice of the opportunity to get their name out there. Anything from a burger to gourmet lobster corn dogs can be found down in 'Chow Town'.

3. Happiness:)

When you wait all year for a music festival like Lolla, it is very hard to be angry or upset when it finally arrives. Everyone at Lolla is filled with joy and love for the music and the people present. The happiness at Grant Park might be one of the best things about the festival as a whole.

4. CHICAGOOO

What makes one of the greatest music festivals of all time even better? You put it in the greatest city in the world, Chicago! The city skyline with the sunset in the background while you are waiting for that nights headliner makes the whole experience so memorable. (it also makes for a great picture!)

5. Long ass train rides

As horrible as they sound, the train rides are a crucial part of the experience as a whole. The train rides allow for anticipation to build on the way there and for time to wind down on the way back. In a way, I feel like some of the best memories that I have from Lolla were made on the train.

Now that I have shared what I think the 5 best things about Lolla are, lets get ready for this year! Rock on everyone!