Five Reasons Instagram Is Better Than Facebook

19422

Over the past couple of years, Facebook has become less and less popular among teenagers. It was once the most used form of social media, but recently teens have been using Instagram more frequently due to the fact that Facebook is often too complicated and overrun by parents.

Instagram is only pictures.

Let's be real, the only reason people go on Facebook nowadays is to see their friend's latest pictures from a recent vacation, party, or even a wedding. Writing on people's Facebook walls is now a thing of the past, and this once popular website serves very little purpose.

Instagram is easier to use.

Instagram's sole purpose is to view and post pictures. Since the only thing people can do on this moblie application is look at images, people of all ages have learned to love it. You simply scroll through the pictures and either like, comment, or move on. It does not take much time to keep yourself updated.

You can't add cool filters on Facebook.

The effects on Instagram add to the image and make you look more artsy than you really are. There is a lot of effects to choose from, and it adds to the fun of selecting the perfect picture to post.

You get more likes and comments on Instagram.

Everyone knows that posting a picture on Instagram tends to rack in more likes than if you were to just post the image on Facebook. Since there is so much clutter on everyone's Facebook news feeds, people are less likely to see the recent image you just uploaded. On Instagram, pictures of people you follow are the only thing you see, so it is more likely that you will receive more comments and likes.

Less followers on Instagram means it's more personal.

Most people tend to have more Facebook friends than followers on Instagram. One of the main reasons for this is because Facebook has been around for a lot longer than Instagram. Scrolling through my Facebook news feed daily, I stumble upon two or three people I do not know. However, on Instagram I know almost all of my followers. I am not concerned with the lives of people I do not know.