5 Reasons I'm Giving Up On Makeup Tutorials

Makeup goals are way too hard to accomplish.

20

Makeup tutorials are trending on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and every social media outlet. Now "makeup goals" is the newest thing girls are striving for. Girls spend hours watching these videos, trying to perfect their eyeliner wings and their contouring, and though I admit I have watched a few of these videos, and I have tried to master a few of these looks, it's just not happening, and I have now completely given up.

Enjoy these "Mean Girls" GIFs that perfectly describe these new makeup trends and why I have given up on them. On Wednesdays we wear pink, and as little makeup possible.

1. It's never as easy as they make it seem.

.

After getting through the entire (sometimes up to 15 minutes long) video, it doesn't seem as hard as you thought it would be, but then after an hour, three attempts, and eye makeup that looks like you've gotten punched in the face, you look nothing like the girl in the tutorial. Shit, you thought you followed her exactly. Whoops. Time to wipe it all off, and just whip on some mascara for the day.

2. Do these products even exist?

In each video the girl goes through her makeup products, naming each one and where she bought it, and sometimes the price, but often these makeup products are impossible to find. So you buy an alternative, thinking they'll be close enough to work, and you're wrong. If by chance you do find the product, it is ridiculously expensive. Spending $30 on a brush to put your foundation on with is absolutely crazy.

3. So much wasted time.

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this one, but I like to wake up about 10 minutes before I have to leave, brush my teeth and hair before I leave the house and often put on makeup in the car. Who would willingly wake up an hour early just to get the perfect contour for the day? I value sleep way too much for that.

But despite how hard these makeup trends are to do and keep up with, we can't go completely makeup-less. We wear just enough to keep us from looking like we just fell into a trash can.

Going out without makeup forces us to choose the hoodie and sunglasses look, hoping we don't see anyone we know, or that no one recognizes us. (Pathetic we know, but we can't help it.)

Whether we spend hours perfecting our contour, matte lips, and winged eyeliner, or just trying to, we can all easily admit that being a girl is hard.