5 Reasons Every Friend Group Needs A Schmidt

Everyone needs a little Schmidt in their life.

79
YouTube

"New Girl's" Schmidt is the character that everyone has a love-hate relationship with. He's the best and the worst. He's attractive, but he knows it. You would do anything for him, but he thinks he deserves it. He can be the biggest jerk, but he's also the best friend you could ask for. Everybody needs a little Schmidt in their life and here's why:

1. Eye Candy

This friend increases the attractive factor of your friend group by at least four points. If you want to stand out in a crowd, you better bring your Schmidt. He may know he's attractive and rub it in your face, but can you blame him? He's not wrong.

2. Wing Man

Your Schmidt-y friend is an attractive, suave guy. He gets all the ladies and he does his best to help you do the same. He's the ultimate wing man. Life tip: Don't leave the house without your Schmidt. But don't let him get to close to your girl. His devilish charm may be too much for her.

3. Brutal Honesty

Whether you've skipped the gym a few too many times or your tie doesn't match your shoes, Schmidt will let you know. His delivery might not be as soft and sweet as you would like, but somebody had to tell you, right? Sometimes you need some tough love. Luckily for you, tough love is Schmidt's specialty.

4. Built-In Maid

Schmidt loves to look his absolute best. This concern about his appearance carries over into his home. He can't stand a messy kitchen. With Schmidt around, you'll never have to worry about cleaning. He's got it covered. If you're lucky, he might even help you with your interior decorating.

5. The Glue

Up until now, you may be thinking that you've just been using your Schmidt. Doesn't he deserve better than that? He's not just an object for you to take advantage of, right? Right. He's not just the perfect wing man and house maid. He's the glue that holds your friendships together. His logic may be a little skewed, but he makes solid points in his own twisted way. His methods may be different than most, but you would never give him up. He may be putting countless dollars into the douche jar, but you know he's always got your back. He keeps your friendships fun and exciting.

By now, you've probably figured out which one of your friends is Schmidt. You might be mad because you've realized that he's a jerk. But you've also realized that you don't want it any other way. Whether you're confronting him regarding the inappropriate joke he made to your mother or stopping him from making a fool of himself in front of that girl for the third time tonight, you secretly hope he never changes. He may tell you things you don't want to hear. He may get you into trouble, but he always brings the party and he will never leave your side. So go thank that little Schmidt for all that he is and watch some New Girl.